I miss you guys. I’m still reading your blogs in moments of peace on the train or walking down the street. I apologize for the lack of comments. Your posts inspire me to speak but the mobile tools are lacking. I’m hoping the iPhone helps solve that issue.
As for why my posting has all but disappeared I can only say life is a little chaotic. In the spirit of holiday joy I’m going to make a list of fun runs I’ve done in the last few months.
Not in order of fun…
1. Running along the ocean at sunset in Half Moon Bay I spotted a pod of dolphins swimming North along the shoreline. Or maybe they were something bigger with dorsal fins because they were moving pretty slow. Made my day.
2. Running through Central Park 3 days before the NY marathon and seeing all the setup and signs. Not to mention the swarms of running groups from around the globe chatting in their language.
3. Going for a night run in the warm air in November in Dallas. I feel wrapped up in a warm soft blanket when the air is so humid.
4. Running on the south facing beach in Santa Barbara where the sun rises early in the morning and glints off the water.
5. A different time in Central Park. This run holds memories of crazy colors on the leaves and coming across a true dog whisperer. She had 15 dogs off leash and they were playing nicely. When she walked off they all happily trotted behind. Magical.
6. A little afraid of the elements in Toronto. It was cold, windy and dark on my night run along the lakeshore. I mean gusty wind. And biting cold. I’d still call it fun 🙂
I’ve been on the road a lot lately. Going for a run in each city is my promise to myself. It helps.
Wishing each of you the happiest of holidays and the merriest New Year!