I’ve returned safely from the land of shiny objects and blinking lights. Las Vegas.
I am not a fan of LV. Nope. Apologies to the folks who enjoy what it has to offer. Actually, if you’re one of those people can you help me understand what it has to offer?
There were a few bright spots:
1. I ran 10 miles!
2. Thomas Keller’s Bouchon Bistro in the Venetian. Very nice. Nothing like LV.
3. Ok, there was no third thing. Oh well.
But I’m home now. What do I love about home?
1. Zinger! He is healthy. He’s staying with mom and we’re heading up to Santa Rosa today to pick him up. His xrays came back clean and I can tell he’s feeling good because he rousted her out of bed yesterday at 5:00 a.m. That’s my boy.
2. Now Voyager! Also beautiful and healthy. He’s been back to work for 3 months now and his conditioning is coming back. His coat is sleek and shiny and his muscles are developing nicely. Happy horse! I lunged him between rainstorms yesterday morning in the wonderful fresh ocean air. We were even treated to a rainbow!
3. San Francisco! The clean air. The pretty houses. The hills. The ocean. My home.