I made it out to the barn last night between rainstorms!
The drive was safe and uneventful. The road was dry and in one piece. The photo from yesterday’s post was from a few years back – sorry I didn’t make that clear.
Just as I arrived at the barn the heavens opened up and let loose. But I could tell from the clouds it would pass quickly. And it did.
Now Voyager was happy to see me. We went for a nice walk around the property and he spent some time chomping away on the lush green grass.
Lush green grass is his favorite.
Just as I tucked him up back in his stall the rain arrived again. Though it was wimpy rain. Drizzle really.
I know that spending time with my horse keeps me grounded. But yesterday was a strong reminder of just how necessary my barn time is to my happiness barometer.
Last night, pre-horsey time, I was one fired up redhead. After hanging out with Now Voyager? Gentle as a lamb.
Thank goodness for NV.
Which fits in perfectly with having been tagged by Meg
10 things that make me happy:
1. Having adventures with Bert – often on our bikes.
2. Riding Now Voyager – or just hanging out at the barn.
3. Reading a really good book with Zinger on my lap.
4. Running on trails – something I almost never get to do.
5. Hanging out with my mom.
6. Spending quality one on one time with a friend.
7. Peet’s coffee.
8. Trader Joe’s Everything Crackers.
9. Dark chocolate malted milk balls.
10. Swimming in the Santa Barbara outdoor pool on a sunny day.
Thanks Meg – that was fun!