I’m feeling a bit scattered today so please forgive my ramblings. In order to organize my thoughts I’m going to make a list. Do you like lists?
1. We need rain. I’m happy for the rain. On the other hand I’m so looking forward to getting to the desert for some sun. Which is kind of funny because it’s not like I can lay out by the pool…not with this white skin. One can dream though. Right?
My roommate in college was of Greek descent. Olive skin. Could lay by the pool for hours. I tried to keep up and had many days of burned skin to show for my efforts. Not terribly bright.
2. Now Voyager is bored. Between the rain closing the arenas and my surgery it’s been a while since he’s been ridden consistently. Plus when the ground is soaked they close the pastures too (horses hooves are quite destructive to muddy pasture) which really makes him stir crazy. He so loves his days of grazing on green grass and misses them terribly. Yesterday I turned him out in the little arena to run around. But I could feel the vibe…he was saying “enough already with the pointless running around…I’m bored!”
3. My baby brother is turning 40 this week. For some reason this is harder to accept than when I turned 40. Why is that? My mom is none to happy about this development either, but she’s throwing a big party anyway. Putting on a brave face. That’s my mom.
4. I read a GREAT book the other day. The Guersney Literary Potato Peel Pie Society. I’m not usually drawn to period pieces (this one is set right after the end of WWII) but the characters are so wonderful that I got sucked in.
5. We watched a fun documentary last week while I was floating along on my Vicodin haze. Bert liked it too so it wasn’t just the drugs. Long Way Round
Here’s the Amazon synopsis:
Ewan McGregor has made a celebrity reality series that’s entertaining without having to be called a guilty pleasure. Long Way Round is a documentary detailing the 20,000-mile motorcycle trip he took around the world with best friend Charley Boorman over 115 days. Their trip took them from London through locales such as Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Siberia, and Canada, to name a few, before ending in New York.
6. I have a mystery pain. It’s right below my ear and the doctor says is most likely unrelated to my surgery. Odd timing though. I’m still going to Palm Springs though. Can’t miss my little bro’s bday party.