I do so enjoy the random nature of the blogosphere…creative inspiration comes from all corners. Maija picked up this meme from a blog she reads and Kelly got tagged by Maija and now I’ve tagged myself from Kelly.
Here are the Rules:
1. Link to the person (Kelly) who tagged you. [Note: I kinda tagged myself because I loved what Kelly wrote in hers and am attempting to emulate her brilliance.]
2. Post the rules on blog [done]
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them [I like Kelly’s interpretation of this rule and am going to follow her lead…tag yourself if you have the inclination to do so]
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog [If you opt to do this exercise just leave a comment here and I’ll come a visitin’]
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up [see above]
So here it goes…
1. I rowed crew for two years in college…UC Davis. We sucked as a team and usually came in last place but sure had fun doing it. Ah yes, fond memories of early morning land workouts followed by hours on the water in the afternoon. Good times.
2. I used to be a Taco Bell addict. I swear there is some kind of drug flavoring in their pseudo *ground beef* that just had me hooked. This addiction was formed at a young age and was fueled by fond memories. My grandpa used to take me – just the two of us -when I was little and I’ve since figured out how to honor his memory without actually eating the food.
3. I love crunchy food. Doesn’t even have to be bad for me. Coleslaw, for example. The crunchier the better. Though I’m currently hooked on those yummy seeded crackers that Trader Joe’s makes…oh yes, and those yummy cheddar bunnies made by Annies. And occasionally caramel popcorn or kettle corn…really, I’d be happy with either one.
4. I was a serious top-40 kind of music fan in high school. I know. I’m a geek. Less so now but still. My boyfriend and I went to ALL the concerts and ALL the Day on the Green events in the Bay Area. Journey, Tom Petty, Stevie Nicks, Foreigner, The Cars. The coolest concert was The Rolling Stones – that was a trip. We slept in line outside Candlestick Park (cannot believe mom let me do that!) to get good seats. I remember a man walking around with a very tall top hat that had a sign attached that said “Acid for Sale.”
5. I intended on being a veterinarian. Large animal vet, specifically. Being a horse crazy kid this made perfect sense to me. Until I ran head on into my first animal science class at Davis. It was hard. AND competitive. Those other kids were NOT going to be helpful. Oh no. So I learned I am basically a bit lazy. Confronted with hard work and competition I gave up my dream and hoofed it over to the English department. Where I happily read a lot of good books, wrote some fine papers and had energy left to live life.
6. I’m married to my best friend. How lucky can a girl get?